Thursday, January 05, 2006

As I turned to 21 years old

As I turned to 21 years old, my heart tells me to ponder into a new reflection of life, understands the real definition of it:

"Yesterday when I was young,
The taste of love was sweet as rain upon my tongue,
I teased at life as if it were a foolish game,
The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame.
The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned,
I always built to last on weak and shifting sand,
I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day,
And only now I see how the years ran away.
Yesterday when I was young,
So many happy songs were waiting to be sung,
So many wayward pleasures lay in store for me,
And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see.
I ran so fast that time and youth, at last, ran out,
I never stopped to think what life was all about,
And every conversation I can now recall,
Concerned itself with me, and nothing else at all.
Yesterday the moon was blue,
And every crazy day brought something new to do,
I used my magic age as if it were a wand,
And never saw the waste and emptiness beyond.
The game of love I played with arrogance and pride,
And every flame I lit too quickly, quickly died,
The friends I made all seemed somehow to drift away,
And only I am left on stage to end the play.
There are so many songs in me that won't be sung,
I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue,
The time has come for me to pay for yesterday,
When I was young"

This is an old song by Roy Clark, the first country music artist to guest host Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. Give it a try to listen to it =)

As Bob Hope said, "Roy Clark is the consummate entertainer!"
www.royclarklimited.com

2 comments:

rIn said...

Ijad, Happy 21st Birthday!!!
Semoga panjang umur dan dimurahkan rezeki...
Take care Jad!!
-rIn-

Baiti al-Jannati said...

Happy Birthday, old friend...

Take care,
B.