Saturday, May 20, 2006

IMF hidden agenda

It is just another ordinary Saturday in the rainy month of May as I write this. I went to KLCC at noon accompanying my little sister to Mont Kiara Medical Centre for her dental appointment. My advanced-plan in organising personal agendas during the upcoming summer holiday resorted me to pay a visit to Times Bookstore.

In light of the globalisation around the world nowadays between developing and developed countries I decided to buy a book called 'Globalisation: and its discontents' by Joseph Stiglitz who is the winner of the Nobel Prize for Economics 2001.

One of my agendas then during the holiday, opening up my mind in evaluating the forceful argument that has yet been made against the IMF and its policies; as commented by Benjamin M. Friedman, New York Review of Books

No comments: